Reload this Page
Good Idea, need more Development
:
:

Old 12-20-2011, 06:11 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Default Good Idea, need more Development

To the makers of this game,

Here are my thoughts on your game after i gave it a try, use them or bash them, up to you.

Pros:

* I like the simplicity of the game, easy to learn and jump right into
* The pace of the game is nice compared to Evony
* I like that your capital is protected, nice not to go to bed and wake up to an abandoned city.

Cons:

* Game Mechanics are not known, and seem unreal. The battle system, well.. has no system...
* There is too much unknown. You need scouts of some sort. Quick reports of an enemy. How many troops, walls, fortifications, traps, etc. If I attack with this army, it will do this, etc...

There is no way an army of 800 semi elite should be wiped out by a bunch of peasants and lesser technology units and only 350 of them. There is no explanation, no way of knowing what went wrong, you just lose everything and get a nice report showing who killed what, and you are left to guess what happened.

You want to do something different?? Allow people to send in armies in "formations", you know make the shield people protect the archers... keep the archers in the rear.... send in cavs.....

And what exactly do balistas do? o.O I am told they attack walls, but they should attack more than that, shouldnt they?

All in all this seems like it has potential but you need to do more brainstorming and developing if you want to make this a game to be profitable.

Thank you for the time trying it out, if you improve of some of these things for your next beta, I would definitely come back and try again. Good Luck!!
Old 12-22-2011, 03:31 AM
Squire (Level 1)

Default true

i agree with everything he just said. it has potential.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:17 AM
Squire (Level 1)

Wink hes right ya know

if you do all those things
i swear to make many purcheses of gold
and change the war system plz
Old 01-28-2012, 09:22 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Default I like the things they have said

think that these things would make this a better game and much more fun
Old 02-17-2012, 08:26 PM
Squire (Level 1)

good ideas all.

I would add in that all seige eq other than rams should factor in to the entire battle not just the wall.

Romans used ballistas and mongrals at the rear of standard battle lines much the same way that cannon were used once gunpowder was invented. This practice continued throughout much of the dark ages.

ballistas were deadly accurate and fired both small round balls and large spears over great distances. They were deadly anti-personell weapons.

Mangonels while not accurate as a ballista did much more damage firing huge stones, animal waste, decaying meat, or burning pitch. They smashed walls, killed those on the wall, or if no wall is present everyone, and lowered morale.

Trebuchet I spent a lot of time talking about the treb already in a previous post just about the treb so i wont go into it in detail. I'll leave it at this was the king of the pre-gunpowder siege weapons. It could take down a wall and in some cases hit targets on the other side.

To have a ram, a ballista, a mangonel and a trebuchet do the same thing that is to say they all knock down walls and only knock down walls, is like saying a BB gun, a .45 auto an M1A2 Abrams and the 16 inch gun battery on a battleship would all do the same thing! They all fire a projectile the similarity ends there.

Last edited by diasho; 02-17-2012 at 08:31 PM. Reason: corrected meaning
Old 12-17-2012, 01:19 AM
Squire (Level 1)

hes right there are some things that needs to be done to improve the game. i give it 6/10.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:37 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Cool 1 day in and losing interest

not sure yet if it even rates 6/10, most strategy/ battle games are a bit lame after one has played the Total War series, which only lacks a multiplayer campaign, having to build a cathedral b4 having heirs gives religion too much importance. Also no choice of religions, must be American designers, would be nice to see more options, like pagans, I could go on and on, I'll give the game a week but I can't see it holding my interest for long.