Search:
Old 10-27-2013, 04:31 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Post Walls

How can I tell if a city has a wall? And, if I attack, how do I see if I have destroyed it or not?
Old 10-28-2013, 10:03 PM
Squire (Level 1)

seemples, you send a scout troop at it consisting of 1 ram, and at least one archer unit...it's kind of up to you, but I always send 1 ram, 7-14 long bow units with 7-14 units of light cavalry and 2 units of elite pike - depending on the size of the player. Lets be honest, if you are scouting, chances are that you will also be attacking, so if they have a low wall - you will know when you get the battle report, you will at least have one opportunity to take out their swords as well as dramatically reducing their archers if not eliminating them. Once you get the report back, you can then decide what your next course of action is. The best thing you can hope to see in the battle report is a high wall, this gives you a second and maybe even a third chance to totally wipe out their foot soldiers, before having to kill their cavalry. The effect a wall has is to pen in their cavalry, making it impossible for their cavalry to help defend the castle until that wall is down, this will make them very susceptible to a pike attack. Once you have eliminated the foot, taken down the wall, you send in the pike - job done
Old 10-29-2013, 01:34 PM
Squire (Level 1)

i have to say send some swords men too
Old 10-29-2013, 05:21 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Thank you Usama. You are right of course about sending swords as well, but was hoping that would be covered in the second attack or first proper one lets say, following the scout - and dependent on what you see in the battle report. Obviously if they have pike, then swords are called for before you send in your own pike to kill their cavalry. This just offers some players an insight into a different fighting style, one that does not rely on just throwing everything they have at an opponent, but to think about what they are sending

Tags
wall