Reload this Page
Unit Attack Power Update
:
:

Old 02-17-2010, 10:07 PM
Peasant

Default Unit Attack Power Update

Hello Everyone,

We have just changed some of the values for HP and Attack Damage for the top unit in each of the four unit classes: spearmen, archers, foot soldier and cavalry. This will help with game balance and create more strategy.

Every unit belongs to a certain category. Each unit category counters another
* unit category. This is handled through unit attack priorities.
* Spearmen counter Cavalry (1 counters 4)
* Swordsmen counter Spearmen (2 counters 1)
* Archers counter Swordsmen (3 counters 2)
* Cavalry counter Archers (4 counters 3)

An example scenario: Player A has 20 Royal Cavalry units stationed at his territory. Player B can then send 20 Elite Pikmen to counter the Royal Cavalry.

Please feel free to leave feedback on how this change affected game play for better or worse.

More updates to come!
Old 02-18-2010, 06:49 AM
Game Moderator

Um...

I think ya may have gone just a bit overboard with the new "formula" -- I have rebuilt several mixed forces today and sent them into combat and RCs are now fairly useless. A single rebel elite pikeman has killed over 200 of the RCs and over 100 men of Templars haven't even touched him!!!
Old 02-18-2010, 06:59 AM
Game Moderator

AND now...

This "super" rebel elite pikeman has just killed off 40 or so of my Templars and taken 2 (count them TWO) loses!!!

No way a single pikeman unit no matter how well trained could kill over 300 RCs and 40 Templars and still be alive PLUS my archers are just hanging around and my own pikemen are playin' chess and drinkin' tea... a force of 300 units hitting a force of 14 and the 14 die!!!

FIX THE FORMULA MATES!!!
Old 02-21-2010, 08:40 PM
Squire (Level 1)

No offense JR, but I say keep up the good work. I personally think there's a long way to go before perfection, but this is a step in the right direction It's gonna be a bumpy road and I'm sure a bit frustrating, but it has rekindled my interest in the game a bit to know that there are changes being made.

However, I have yet to attack since this change, so I may be in for some surprises

SF
Old 02-22-2010, 08:42 PM
Squire (Level 1)

hi all,
I agree with SF that these changes go in the right direction of more interesting strategic planning.
I did try some attacks and.... it seems to me that while attacking rebels is now harder (i.e. I definetely need to diversify an army in order to be sure to take rebels, while before only 160-200 rcavs would suffice to sleep on it), using pikemen to attack a town with ONLY royal cavs doesn't make much difference: pikemen are killed without doing much damage to the cavalry...
so it seems that playing with only royal cavs is still the best option.... i think there is still some work to do to equilibrate the strength of the units (templars and especially archers definetely need to get better stats).

An improvements on the stats will cause a richer strategy because will avoid to make all stable or cathedrals and make sure that all the buildings & units are useful for the game.

cheers
Old 02-23-2010, 12:23 AM
Peasant (Level 1)

well letts test this the best way posible i got 12 elitpikemen 12 templers 12 longbowmen and 12 royal calvery ready to go against any one who wants to match me in my on city that is reay to be upgraded to a castle but i wont to eliminate the morel if u want to match my force msg me in the game or reply on this thread first to match assemble the same solders will get to fight them

un verdadeiro rei da morte T duine nach bhfuil cram aimsir s ag mar n maraodh поклоняется ни Бога, ни дьявола toda obouje tudi ivljenje in smrt 地球と自然との友人である og veit hva a satt tilgang lfinu er hvis u kanne oversette wat dette er og enig i det og legge det i signaturen din
Old 02-23-2010, 07:46 PM
Game Moderator

No offense taken but my point was that the balance was still not right -- I have spent the past six days on the attack against rebel and player cities and have seen the "best" most expensive unit in the game (the RC) get fried on a far too regular basis. My other point was that the RC was supposed to have some of the attributes of footknights so it was supposed to be a "dual" category unit and it just doesn't work that way.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:03 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Thumbs up About time!

Its a great idea! Theres a huge selection of troops and so far only 1 has been worth recruiting! Out with the old and in with the new!

One thing though. What about the machines? Shouldnt some of them be more useful in a fight?
Hopefully that can be worked on a bit too...

Bazza
Old 02-28-2010, 04:54 AM
Squire (Level 1)

there should be a dominant unit, one that will always kill or defend better than any other in particular situations, there should be more kills on average per unit, unlike 200 or 300 from a single unit and NONE from others, more of an average kill count perhaps? besides, making it harder to kill rebels isnt any fun!
Old 02-28-2010, 10:37 PM
Peasant (Level 1)

ur just saying that cause u have to work harder i think it makes it more fun

un verdadeiro rei da morte T duine nach bhfuil cram aimsir s ag mar n maraodh поклоняется ни Бога, ни дьявола toda obouje tudi ivljenje in smrt 地球と自然との友人である og veit hva a satt tilgang lfinu er hvis u kanne oversette wat dette er og enig i det og legge det i signaturen din