Search:
Old 04-04-2018, 03:21 AM
Squire (Level 1)

Default Wifi

It seems the only place I can log in is my friends house where I started this round. Unable at my house or any other place where the router or wifi connection is different. I do not know if anyone is experiencing this or if I'm right but its all I can think for the week of problems and no responses I have gotten.
Old 04-04-2018, 10:52 AM
Game Moderator

Greetings Hitchdogg,

The game dev has been trying to figure out what is going on with your account for the past two weeks since you reported the problem and has NOT been able to find the reason for your inability to log on. And the standard response to an issue like yours is that we acknowledge the problem (which I certainly did) indicate who is looking into it (the game dev which I also let you know) and then let you know when it has been resolved.

That you are able to log on somewhere else suggests that there may be an issue with your own router, wifi or antivirus software.

I would be curious if you tried from a local coffee shop or fast food place if you would be able to log on or not? In any event, I will pass this new info along to the game dev and see if he gets any additional idea(s).

Regards JR - Game Moderator
Old 04-04-2018, 12:36 PM
Squire (Level 1)

sorry about my comments. I was frustrated. My settings are the same and remain unchanged.
Old 04-04-2018, 04:14 PM
Game Moderator

Greetings Hitchdogg

No problem. I really am trying to help even the answer has been a lot of idk so far

And there are some things that can happen behind the scenes with a home network that can cause problems that are not obvious. The game dev is going to continue to look for any sort of system problem that might be causing you trouble... but the only thing that could cause a login failure would be a ban and IF you were banned you would 1) never be able to login regardless of location 2) the forums would be off limits for you as well. Anyhow - he is still looking...

Somethings you might try... 1) run a speed test on your network... IF it isn't meeting the standard you are paying for for upload and download speed - there might be a problem with your local ISP. 2) Another issue is IF you have a cable modem - a lot of companies are moving from DOCSIS 2.0 to 3.0. IF you are getting a DOCSIS 3.0/3.1 signal but your cable modem is still running DOCSIS 2.0 you can get improperly formed packets that would kill your login attempt. 3) IF your antivirus/antimalware blocks individual websites make sure that www.darkagewars.com AND w10.darkagewars.com are both unblocked. None of these three things would be visible or obvious to you so you probably wouldn't know if they had changed.

Another odd possibility is that you are using a shared network and someone else on your network got banned? It could impact you on the same network... just let me know in a private message in the forum messaging if this might be the case.

And I really would like you to try trotting off to the local Panera, Starbucks or McDonalds to see if you can connect on their network if possible.

And thanks for working with us on this. DAW isn't perfect and there can certainly be problems in the game code but we are trying to help.

Old 04-05-2018, 08:07 PM
Squire (Level 1)

no luvk so far
Old 04-05-2018, 10:37 PM
Game Moderator

Greetings Hitchdogg,

So from the suggestions I gave you... what have you tried? "No luck so far" doesn't help sort out very well what can be eliminated from consideration.

Old 04-10-2018, 01:35 AM
Squire (Level 1)

Trial in court this week. Hard to run tests. I will asap. I got in from my trial partner's house on my laptop. Building one building. I gotta go get ready.