Search:
:
:
Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 11:02 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mucked View Post
If it wasn't clear before, allow me to say it again. The rules don't matter, its the implementation of and the enforcement of the rules that is however, the problem.

Your job is to catch spammers, ensure no one is being mistreated or verbally abused and to prevent people from "Multi Accounting". None of which was done, instead you gave a 5 day (120 hour) suspension for the name of an alliance which you then changed. P0rnstar is not offensive nor is it over "PG-13" it's a god damn profession you mouth breather.

I just don't see how you even have time to look in chat, with the cities you had you were obviously spending a lot of time playing. Playing is great but we need a mod not whatever half ass title you wear man.

I looked around last night at city names, everything from OsamabinFartin, Twintowersdown and so on... If you want to ban someone direct your attention to the actual offensive names not the alliance taking a dump on your ego.

Rhad's talk of coming back and being victorious sounds great but you cant win against that which doesn't recognize defeat, the banning of our two most active players during a war shows there are no boundaries to your "Moderating"

It's your sandbox, I just wont be playing in it until someone cleans the cat poop out of it.

Good day.
One of the saddest things in all this is actually banning mm. I doubt mm even knows that the alliance name was changed. He was in and left before we could speak to him. JRR knows that too well. JRR knows that mm didn't change the name. JRR also knows that we can't change it either without mm coming back. The leadership role was passed to mm in his absence. So way to go mr mod, you banned a player for not knowing the alliance name had been changed, and for failing to change it as he hasn't been able to log back in - because you banned him...
Old 01-31-2014, 11:43 PM
Squire (Level 1)

ewin towers is down whats the problem with that its a fact
Old 02-01-2014, 12:18 AM
Squire (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagrid View Post
ewin towers is down whats the problem with that its a fact
Random, but I like I still like you
Old 02-01-2014, 12:33 AM
Squire (Level 1)

It's like naming a city after the holocaust, hagrid. Offensive to you or not, its against the terms of service. It doesn't really matter unless deemed offensive by the single moderator, no one to even contest it with to get another point of view. If one mod saw another abuse their power like this they would have reeled them back in and corrected the situation.

Banning MM and Rhad after losing 50 cities, come on. This is why mod's can't be players to.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:44 PM
Squire (Level 1)

[QUOTE=JRRayder;6228]Like i said... minds are already made up...

But 100s of players play the game without ever setting off the language scanners in chat, bringing up offensive topics or naming their cities in offensive ways. And I have been more than fair to mm, Rhad and you for that matter. Maybe too fair - the standard for everyone else has been one warning and gone for good. So sorry, no smoking gun or final straw.

And as to COPPA - yes we follow it because it applies to protection of players under 13 and we don't allow players under 13. I have no idea if other games follow it or not but they ought to.

Regards JR - Game Moderat

If memory serves correct, the only reason mm got a 5 day ban then is for swearing, using the 'f' word in global chat. We all already know he didn't change the alliance name, and didn't in fact know that it had been changed, and didn't even know that he's been passed the leadership of the alliance...and couldn't change it anyways as you had banned him. I believe what you could have done JRR is given him a 'chat' ban as it was a chat infringement. You boasted that you could ban chat for 5 minutes to 5 years to quote you.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:20 PM
Squire (Level 1)

I have always tried to give Jr the benefit of the doubt. The chat system Daw uses is a joke, literally developed back in 1999 and because of that I have always assumed he doesn't have the option to "time someone out" since i haven't ever heard of or seen it used here. Even a 24 hour ban would have been more appropriate, surely I wouldn't of withdrawn my investment. Tho it would still have been an abuse of power because of timing and how it all went down. I have had fun here but he's just not qualified for the job. I've already moved on along with many others. It's sad more then anything, game was fun.

The only complaint that maybe could have justified his actions would have been time consumption but he had like 35 cities and top 10 honor before the war so coming from a common sense perspective; he had plenty of time and then some.

MM's already lost some cities, I would love to know if a sheep was the one who hit him as that only confirms the obvious. I am in no way saying you should be invulnerable from attacks when banned/suspended as you broke the rules but if the person who banned you is also the one who is attacking you that is clearly working as intended... sarcasm people, sarcasm. The server will continue, as will Jr's "modding" as he calls it at least until the servers revenue doesn't justify the time it consumes, which isn't very much.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:49 PM
Squire (Level 1)

perhaps you had better wait and see mucked some of us still play the game with a bit of common decency
Old 02-01-2014, 07:23 PM
Squire (Level 1)

You lost me at wait, Hagrid. I had a good time playing with/against you though. It doesn't take much to see where this project is going and you guys (The Community) can't stop it. Most of the server plays with a "bit of common decency" the problem isn't the general population though. I've already deleted 135 cities along with one of the top armies, I have no plans on a return unless some things are addressed on a much higher level which would require a fresh start with segregation between Mod/Player's. I just don't see people playing another one of these without at least these changes.

Dozens of well known bugs prevent a newbie from joining right from the start. The best advise you can offer someone who just started is to start over and abuse the resource bug in the tutorial... I wont get into real game breaking mechanics like cool down and speed up exploits.

Either way, I did wait and I did see Hagrid. Just didn't like what I saw.
Old 02-01-2014, 07:44 PM
Squire (Level 1)

was talking about the assumptions u made about us hitting Rhada & mm
Old 02-01-2014, 08:00 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagrid View Post
was talking about the assumptions u made about us hitting Rhada & mm
The hit on my city was by paxballistica, if he or she is still here when i get back, i will address it myself personally...in fact, anyone i see in my reports will be severely dealt with...
Closed Thread