Search:
Old 10-12-2019, 02:17 PM
Game Moderator

Exclamation End Date

Greetings Lords and Ladies of DAWland

This game round will end today at 00:00 game clock time (about nine hours from when I am writing this).

I have no word on the new round... I assume the game dev is going to put some major work into the game and that we will send an e-mail out when the game is ready to play.

Wish I had more complete info.

Warmest Regards - JR - Game Moderator
Old 10-12-2019, 05:17 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Yep only a few more hours and this round will be over and probably the game itself. Most of the old players are gone and won't be back. Charles, Smithy might but to what end. Only new players will be around and if they have the same system as this round then there will be nothing for any one to do but build. Change the name of the game to Dark Age Building or Dark Age Farming. No battles among players, no wars, only those that want to build without having to worry about losing their cities.

It was a bad mistake to implement the two new changes. It just encouraged the new players to build and build. Maybe that is what the owner an Dev wanted, so that people would quit the game and they could be done with it. The owner is not making any money off it because no one is buying gold, no advertizement to get gold so no one paying him to advertise. He has to pay for the server he is using and therefore losing money, so why continue the game.
Old 10-13-2019, 01:33 AM
Squire (Level 1)

Default Game Status

Sadly I will agree with you LD. I have my doubts about this game continuing. Most of the people that I once played with have abandoned this game like the plague.

I have met many wonderful people in this game, during my just over six years playing.

I do keep in touch with two former players, and I have said to JR that I would like to keep in touch with him somehow. The changes that were made to this game for this server, drove the last holdouts away. Charles by and large did not participate in this server and it is highly unlikely he will come back. I mostly show up to chat with the few remaining holdouts. Like all good games, this one inevitably has to come to an end.

If this game does somehow continue, it will be a miracle.
Old 10-13-2019, 03:04 AM
Squire (Level 1)

Default Wtf

Hello everyone, was this the scheduled end date? if so...just shows how I have been absent. if this was sudden, well nice knowing you all! you can find me on "game of thrown's" and war commander (both charles116), because this game is over. LD has a lot of good points...but, a little too late on addressing major issues. but, the best chat room of any game i've played...mainly because it shows you who is on line!!!!. other games you have to guess if your buddy is there. I'll check in latter.....https://www.facebook.com/jose.oliveira.75286 is my fackbook page if you want to keep in touch....many of you have been my friends for years ( for real and not virtual) ....Jose Oliveira......ask me about the Charles116 name...LOLOLOLOLOL

Good times party people!!!!!
Old 10-13-2019, 06:42 AM
Squire (Level 1)

Default Whatever Happens

Thanks so much JR for all your efforts trying to hold things together!
Old 10-13-2019, 04:32 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Default Game Issue

First of all I want to thank JR for his efforts in trying to keep this game cobbled together through some difficult times. It has been a pleasure knowing you pretty much since I first arrived. I value our friendship that has developed over these past years. If you can keep this game going somehow that would be a miracle.
Old 10-14-2019, 11:53 AM
Game Moderator

Greetings Smithy and All,

I am giving it my best shot... we will see.

Regards JR
Old 10-15-2019, 12:04 AM
Squire (Level 1)

Default Game Future

I thank you JR for trying to be as honest as you possibly can, the old saying goes when you know you'll pass the information on to the rest of us
Old 10-15-2019, 10:18 AM
Squire (Level 1)

This has been my favourite background game over a couple of worlds , thanks to all for keeping it running for so long .
Old 10-16-2019, 02:06 AM
Squire (Level 1)

Send a message via Skype™ to Kalypso

Hey, y'all! Just a quick heads up that, as these are not private forums, posting your contact info is not a good idea. Anyone can sign up and read the posts here, not just people playing the game. So, my advice is to use the Private Message system here on the forums. If you don't know how, please let me know and I'll be happy to help. And, if anyone would like to stay in contact with me, let me know. I'll private message you with my e-mail address and such.

Cheers,
“Leave one wolf alive and the sheep are never safe” ~Arya Stark, GoT

Tags
end date, round 12