I am Pretty New - Not Sure What This is About 2 3.39%
I Don't Really Have a Preference 0 0%
Honest? I Don't Really Enjoy the Game Right Now 7 11.86%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-04-2016, 02:09 PM
Game Moderator

Question Future Direction for DAW

Greetings Fellow Lords and Ladies of DAWland,

There have been a whole range of changes in game play and attitudes about the game since the last time a survey was taken of the player base for the game... so here is your turn to chime in...

This survey is intended to gauge the ways people like to play the game.

Please select the survey response that corresponds most closely to how you actually play the game (rather than how you might want to play the game - we will address that in another later survey ).

And thanks for your considered and honest input!

Regards JR - Game Moderator for the DAWland Team
Old 07-05-2016, 04:59 AM
Squire (Level 1)

The build times are crazy for a noob.. More people more money... First city build should much faster.... I won't get in to battle issues and game flaws/glitches... I would suggest the worlds are longer. Build and build for 5 months then it gone.... Please view this as constructive criticism.....
Old 07-05-2016, 01:18 PM
Game Moderator

Greetings Stetson,

Thanks for the input... several of those topics are huge and likely have a long-term solution rather than something immediate but... at least it is out there on the table. The main purpose for the survey was to capture HOW people like to play the game. This has been a fundamental question for several game rounds now... with people from several points of view getting frustrated because the game didn't "play" the way they wanted it to play...

Trying to get at the core of what people like with this survey... I promise we will dig deeper in the future ;-)

Regards JR - Game Moderator for the DAW Team
Old 07-06-2016, 04:20 AM
Squire (Level 1)

I concur the main problem with the game is that it takes way too long to get into position to expand. You cannot build heirs until you have a fortress which takes a long time to get there. Noobs will just spin their wheels and then quit because of the long build times. A serious reduction in build times needs to be done as well as a change in the way you can send resources to any city with a warehouse - not a market as it is now.
Give players gold rewards for in game achievements - basically you can reset them for each world so there is some meaning to them. Allow someone who will be on vacation or holiday to place their kingdom in protection while they are away they cannot either be attacked nor attack for that period. Just some thoughts here from me.
Old 07-06-2016, 04:01 PM
Game Moderator

Greetings Ixy,

Again, all valid points... but this is a topical survey focusing on HOW people like to play the game.

Some of these other issues will be surveyed in the future but this is the first attempt in quite a while to deal with a primary issue that impacts the direction of the game AND the effort being put into various aspects of the game by the game developer.

Thank you for your input... More is coming ;-) And hopefully you voted in the survey.

Regards JR - Game Moderator
Old 07-26-2016, 05:06 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Send a message via Skype™ to Kalypso

My thought is, with the focus being on mobile game now, and everyone being tethered to their phone and tablets, maybe make chat, and the game in general, more mobile-friendly. Most mobile devices don't support flash and flash isn't built into most browsers, as it is unstable. So drop flash and upgrade to something mobile devices can handle. Making the game more accessible to more people, will bring in more players.

Cheers,
“Leave one wolf alive and the sheep are never safe” ~Arya Stark, GoT
Old 09-07-2016, 07:30 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Default late response

i know this is an old post and whether or not it will be found is unknown but since no body actually answered the survey properly i will give it a shot....

i have been brought back to this game multiple times and for one reason... the battle mechanics of it all, i quite enjoy the battle mechanics of daw compared to the new mobile and pc war games, daw has an actual battle formula in it where you cant just beat the next guy for "buying" troops you actually have to think of troop types in order to win a battle its not all on gold or power but more strategy then money. i am also quite fond of building my cities but that would follow a different survey for "possible in game changes" in the future.

hope this helps a little bit if anything i know its an old post hahah
Old 09-14-2016, 12:36 AM
Squire (Level 1)

Default i read this post

I am glad that about that everyone can not buy money to win these battles, bot to know your troops ablilties of there strength power and each weakness that you need to make them help eachother, i mean the troops units.
Old 03-14-2019, 01:50 PM
Squire (Level 1)

C-Feature Requests Forum.
Old 03-26-2019, 10:29 AM
Squire (Level 1)

Default Feedback

Hello everyone, just my two cents. I agree the build times are long and it takes anyone a while to get establish and to reach the main point of "food cap". Once at food cap each are equal (depending on skill and time able to be on line). In terms of round length, I disagree with Stet...I see shorter games with the low member attendance a bit better. If we can build quick (food cap) the two three month of building then a couple months fight. With a new round around the corner if you lose, don't have to wait a long time to get back into the mix. I would suggest 4 month rounds (3 games a year) with build times reduced say 50%. Again, just my two cents..

Tags
attitudes, future, survey