I Don't Really Have a Preference 0 0%
Honest? I Don't Really Enjoy the Game Right Now 7 11.86%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-26-2019, 09:52 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Send a message via Yahoo to Skatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles116 View Post
Hello everyone, just my two cents. I agree the build times are long and it takes anyone a while to get establish and to reach the main point of "food cap". Once at food cap each are equal (depending on skill and time able to be on line). In terms of round length, I disagree with Stet...I see shorter games with the low member attendance a bit better. If we can build quick (food cap) the two three month of building then a couple months fight. With a new round around the corner if you lose, don't have to wait a long time to get back into the mix. I would suggest 4 month rounds (3 games a year) with build times reduced say 50%. Again, just my two cents..
I second this, I have been out of the mix multiple times and had to wait several months to get back in. Also, I have been less interested in starting late due to the build times, so it's a win win situation as far as player base is concerned in my opinion and experience. Would love to see this change, as it has been brought up on many occasions throughout the development of DAW.
Old 04-20-2019, 12:55 PM
Game Moderator

Greetings Lords and Ladies of DAWland

Some people were wondering where the justification came from for making the changes to the way we all wage war. The survey above was one of the main data sources for this decision. The second source was exit surveys done by the moderator with assorted people who were on their way out of DAWland.

Nothing has happened without consultation or consideration of player input. But of course, not everyone thinks this is "real facts" but... it is what it is.

Regards JR - Game Moderator

Last edited by JRRayder; 04-20-2019 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Typos
Old 04-22-2019, 10:04 AM
Squire (Level 1)

Looking forward to a definitive description of what has actually changed so that we can separate the new features from the new bugs.
Old 07-06-2019, 05:17 PM
Squire (Level 1)

[QUOTE=JRRayder;6781]Greetings Stetson,

Thanks for the input... several of those topics are huge and likely have a long-term solution rather than something immediate but... at least it is out there on the table. The main purpose for the survey was to capture HOW people like to play the game...

Hi JR,

In contemplating this, I find it hard to define the "how" - and it seems most of the other comments discuss what they would change rather than answering the how. I think I enjoy the play for a combination of reasons, namely, the build, the attack, the being attacked, the social dynamic, and the strategy of the attack in troop combinations.

All this being said, I agree with the comments that build time is quite long, and tends to take away from the components and the "how" of the play.

Hope that helps!

Katy
Old 07-29-2019, 03:06 AM
Squire (Level 1)

Default Future of The Game

Hello there, katy. Sadly I do not think that their will be a future of this game.

That is unless some basic issues are fixed once and for all. This game has had a nice run for over a decade. However, like all games this game will inevitably end. The problems of this game are too numerous to list. This is why that players have left in droves. Also, it is hard to attract and keep new players. Games in general, need a fresh supply of players in order to survive. I have met many wonderful people in my just over six years of playing.

I hope to keep in touch with some of them, when this game eventually ends. Sadly, I think that this world will be the last and I have my doubts that this game will survive beyond this current world. I would welcome other people's comments. I think that having these healthy discussions are beneficial.
Old 10-14-2019, 06:17 AM
Squire (Level 1)

Default Future Direction for DAW

I played for about a year or a little more, in 3 wars. The first, I pretty much had no clue what to do, other than build and accumulate troops. I did not understand alliances well, and perhaps still don't. There was mention in a previous post about training, but I have never been exposed to any, other than reading the manual. I am exploring the forums for pretty much the first time now. I can sympathize with long time players and their concern regarding longevity of game. The last round, being unable to attack, took a lot of fun out of the game. Good luck. While I didn't join game to make friends, I want to thank all of you for your patience and courtesy extended to me.
Good Luck all.
Old 10-19-2019, 04:32 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Default Game Status Update

I would like to know about the status of the game. If it is going to continue, let me know if not let me know as well. Not knowing is like Chinese water torture.
Old 10-19-2019, 08:35 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Send a message via Skype™ to Kalypso

Greetings, Smithy.

As soon as JR or I receive word on the status of this game and future world openings, one of us will post it to let you all know. Until then, we just ask for patience.

Regards,
“Leave one wolf alive and the sheep are never safe” ~Arya Stark, GoT
Old 10-20-2019, 04:55 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Default Game Status

Thanks for replying but as the old saying goes. "When you know, you'll let us know" basically
Old 10-20-2019, 10:06 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Send a message via Skype™ to Kalypso

Exactly, Smithy. We can't possibly give info we don't have yet. Nor can we hazard any guesses, as we can't read the owner's mind. I know I personally would hate to say one thing and have it turn out to be something else altogether.

Cheers,
“Leave one wolf alive and the sheep are never safe” ~Arya Stark, GoT

Tags
attitudes, future, survey