Search:
Old 08-26-2011, 01:30 AM
Game Moderator

Post Update on Next Round of DAW

There has been a LOT of activity this past month on the part of the DAW developers. The new game skin has been implemented… and a bunch of the bugs have been fixed. This will continue for the next several weeks as a concerted attempt is made to bring DAW out of beta and into the real world! The number of new players joining each day is up and that makes for more exciting game play for all of us.

Some Changes…

• The Shop has been removed from play… it was the cause of several significant problems from a programming point of view AND could be used in ways that unfairly altered the balance of game play.
• There is a new purchase interface for buying gold… the new system for purchase is much more flexible AND will be better supported.
• Prices for Advisors as has been reset… this makes it more affordable for people to get and keep the advisors
• Advisors have become more useful… and also several of the monitoring features [Overview, Build Queue and Armies/Movement] have been setup as a “for pay” feature based on having one of the advisors. This is a fair attempt on the part of the game owners to encourage us to spend a bit of RL cash on the game.
• And of course, you all already know that I have been asked to be the Game Moderator for DAW. My goal, as always, is that you would know what is going on in the world of DAW AND that you would get the help you need to play the game well.

Upcoming DAW Events…

The current beta round will end in early September and there will then be two new game rounds for you to choose from… OR play them both for double the fun

Also, later in September, a new game server will be put online.

More news about all of this will be coming in a future update.

Again, if you have any questions or need help, put your question in the Forums or write me in-game @[JRRayder].

Regards, JR

Last edited by JRRayder; 08-26-2011 at 03:32 AM. Reason: Typo ;-)
Old 08-26-2011, 03:23 AM
Squire (Level 1)

awesome, thanks for the announcement JR!
Old 08-26-2011, 05:13 AM
Squire (Level 1)

Great!, I'm sure that you will be a better modarator than the last one. Also hope that Dark Age Wars gets into the real world fast, cause theres lots of competition, coming up like Age of Empires Online.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:57 AM
Squire (Level 1)

Question what is "real world"?

i'v heard about it but am not sure what it is.

Last edited by sharoncrosswhite5810; 04-25-2012 at 02:59 AM.

Tags
features, new round, news, update