Search:
Old 12-19-2011, 04:26 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Default Game Mechanics

Would be nice if there was a better explanation of game mechanics, specifically combat. I played Evony for a while and at least there I could somewhat understand what will happen to my army when it marched against an enemy.

Here I have no idea, and when I try to use Common Sense it fails., I.E. and army of superior forces and twice the number should not lose all it numbers in battle while the enemy loses 10%...

Is It a wall bonus? Should you attack in waves? Is there no system and its all random chance, would be nice to hear from the developers about this. Not a bad game at first, but am losing interest fast due to frustration...
Old 12-21-2011, 11:53 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Im new as well, go to the strategy section. THere are some very good posts from experienced players there. If your attacking a fortified city you need upgrade your blacksmith so you can get siege equipment.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:29 PM
Squire (Level 1)

what if there where a guide to troops attack points and def. points ect that way we would now what troops to send

Last edited by zyrelle; 01-02-2012 at 06:31 PM. Reason: lol
Old 01-03-2012, 07:55 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Default im starting to see

just wished there was a list of troops attack and def. points
Old 01-04-2012, 01:49 AM
Game Moderator

There is a list of sorts...

On the Help link (next to the Forum link) there is a Unit Tree and it has most of what you are looking for.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:55 PM
Squire (Level 1)

That kind of thing has happened to me. I sent 501 soldiers against rebels that only had 200 and something, i lost 356 men while the rebels only lost 30. There were 2 light cavalry units that killed 140 EACH unit of cavalry (Not even 1 of them died!). There were also some militia units (all of them got killed off) and some archer units (None got killed). I sent mostly pikemen and archers, and 1 militia unit. ALL the archers were killed without getting even one kill. 8 units of 40 archers each died without even 1 kill! And around 30 pikemen/militia men died too.
Old 12-24-2013, 04:38 AM
Squire (Level 1)

I to lost large numbers of my troops when attacking with 150 t0 250 troops.
When you can swing an army of say 500 or more you don't find those large
losses very much. Or maybe it was because I now use H cav and H inf with
no archers. When I include archers I loose lots of those most of the time.
I also include siege weapons all the time. Hope this helps you out.
Old 12-24-2013, 04:41 AM
Squire (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edigodiuss View Post
That kind of thing has happened to me. I sent 501 soldiers against rebels that only had 200 and something, i lost 356 men while the rebels only lost 30. There were 2 light cavalry units that killed 140 EACH unit of cavalry (Not even 1 of them died!). There were also some militia units (all of them got killed off) and some archer units (None got killed). I sent mostly pikemen and archers, and 1 militia unit. ALL the archers were killed without getting even one kill. 8 units of 40 archers each died without even 1 kill! And around 30 pikemen/militia men died too.
When you do use archers, which I don't, put some Light Calvary in with them.
Hope that helps with the large losses.