Search:
Old 05-09-2016, 09:38 AM
Squire (Level 1)

Default Influence levels of Universities?

At what upgrade points does the influence level of a University increase?

I ask as I've been stuck at level 3 (unable to conquer more than 3 cities) for quite a while now, despite having upgraded to University 6...

Am I missing something?

Yours Quizzically,

MoratGax
Old 05-09-2016, 12:29 PM
Game Moderator

Greetings MG,

There are a couple of things going on with universities. But let's start with the basic commodity you need to build up to take another city - the influence point. At first, there is a slow rate of increase in the number of influence points you need to take another city. But at some point it starts to jump in a geometic progression... 8 then 12 then 20... etc. Influence points and gaining more of them is never controlled by university size.

What the size of the university DOES impact are the ways you can earn influence points. Starting out, the only way to earn influence points is to convert 3500 battle points into an influence point. Academy level 4 adds the ability to spend resources (a LOT of resources) to also earn one battle point. And at University Level 2 you can start spending gold to earn an influence point.

So to review - influence points are required in order to gain the ability to continue taking new cities. The academy/university level increase gives you additional ways to earn influence points other than just by doing battle.

Hope that helps!

Regards JR - Game Moderator
Old 05-09-2016, 02:32 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Unfortunately not, JR.

I currently have 11 influence points (and I'm on my way towards my 12th as we speak), yet I keep getting the message 'lacked the influence to conquer' when I try to attack suitably low loyalty (9% or lower) rebel cities with my crowned royal heir+troops. I've reduced a couple of neighbouring territories to 0% without result.

When I click on my capitol's University the display window properly shows the number of IP's I have as well as 'Cities taken 3/3'.... That's why I thought the level of the structure influenced the number of cities you were able to conquer.

Regards,

MoratGax
Old 05-09-2016, 04:49 PM
Squire (Level 1)

it takes 12 IPs to take a 4th city from a city, the next one takes 20 , then it goes to 32 I beleive
Old 05-09-2016, 05:17 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Ahhhh.....

I didn't realise that. The only reference to how many IP's it takes to conquer a city that I've thus far come across indicated just 2. There was nothing in the posts that I've seen mentioning increased IP costs or any change further on down the road. A little bit of sign-posting somewhere on the University display pane might go a long way to avoiding this sort of confusion.

Many thanks, firefly447!

MoratGax
Old 05-10-2016, 07:00 PM
Game Moderator

Greetings MG,

Up until just a bit ago, there was a comprehensive wiki that had all this info in it - clearly explained and very easy to follow. The wiki was taken down because of some site performance issues but we are looking to bring it back up soon.

The wiki topic had both my answer and firefly's in one easier to read entry - sigh.

Regards JR - Game Moderator