Search:
Old 03-19-2016, 06:12 AM
Squire (Level 1)

Talking Cosmological Announcement

We cosmologists have been observing the universe for several months now and have reached a startling conclusion- The Universe is Expanding!

The implications of this are many fold. Red shifts and big bangs aside, the main issue here is making sure the Cosmologists expand with it, and that the larger universe is paid for.

Unfortunately, this does mean higher taxes for the rest of you.

But rest assured, we shall make sure that your tithes are used in an effective and efficient manner.

Tithes will be collected from you based upon your ability to pay - the more cities you have the more you can afford to give us. But as a general guide, we are talking no more than 10% of your holding. Collection will take place from this weekend onwards and will be done on a random basis.

Our tax collectors will be vising you shortly - please make them welcome!

Thank you for reading.

Deep Blue C
Head Cosmologist
Old 03-19-2016, 02:27 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Another attempt to mislead the peasants for the purpose of obtaining goods and services in the name of science.

This ploy is more likely intended to expand the belly's and holdings of an individual cosmologist at the expense of smaller serfdoms.

Perhaps the cosmologists time would be better spent considering the probable consequences of the big crunch or a theory set forth by cosmologist Christof Wetterich of the University of Heidelberg who has suggested the universe may be contracting even as we speak.

One theory is as good as another until the truth be known.

If the universe is found to be contracting, perhaps we already have too many cosmologists.

Individuals suspected of vising may experience rapid uncontrolled expansion, this should not be construed as a form of punishment but rather a granting of their desires.

Olórin of Valinor
Old 03-21-2016, 12:28 PM
Squire (Level 1)

oh... I think Deepy is correct... and we should start collecting largesse, tithes or taxes in world 5... as the Universe has truly expanded and we have seen world 6 and it's new beginnings...

but exploring world 6 will take time... and is expensive so.... I will start collecting in world 5 soon... all donations will be gratefully excepted

Peg Leg
Cosmologist
Old 03-21-2016, 02:55 PM
Game Moderator

Well i have to confess... I usually go to my barber for a haircut... but I also try to support the local DAW businesses whenever ethical and possible. I had no idea we had cosmetologist among us. I am not sure how I feel about DBC or Peg with a razor to my throat but maybe I could even get used to that.

Regards JR
Old 03-21-2016, 04:37 PM
Squire (Level 1)

JR you have (probably deliberately) confused Cosmos with cosmetic. We have been studying the universe, not 50 shades of lip gloss! Indeed, Mrs Deep would have quite a bit to say had it been the latter!

The collection process should be relatively painless by comparison!
Old 03-22-2016, 11:08 PM
Squire (Level 1)

In attempt to inform you the powers which you so blindly advance upon, on the morrow, just prior to the suns waking over the America's I shall briefly occlude the moons face from view.
Old 04-01-2016, 05:01 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olorin View Post
In attempt to inform you the powers which you so blindly advance upon, on the morrow, just prior to the suns waking over the America's I shall briefly occlude the moons face from view.
Occluding ones moon is considered impolite in refined society!