Search:
Old 09-08-2016, 06:53 AM
Squire (Level 1)

Default Petition for Reinstatement

I have a question, if someone is say permanently banned from this game, is their a means to petition for reinstatement? I would like to know either way. I do think, that after a certain period of time has elapsed that the person who received this punishment should be given the opportunity to at least petition for reinstatement.
Old 09-08-2016, 12:35 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Well there certainly has to be something that can be done. There are times when events transpire which often lead to circumstances and points of view which are slighted by your own perceptions. (players and moderators) However, if there has to be a fair process. Fences can always be mended. In the past, there have been suspensions from chat. Perhaps I might make a suggestion in some cases - banned from the current world which usually lasts a few months until the next round. Just my thouhts on his matter. I would appreciate a reply.
Old 09-08-2016, 01:30 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Send a message via Skype™ to Kalypso

Greetings Ixth and Smithy,

Unfortunately, your friend has burned far too many bridges with me and shown he is completely unwilling to follow the rules laid out by the game's owner and admin. His ban is permanent. He won't be coming back.

If you really want to help him, tell him he's NOT helping his cause by creating new accounts and going on rants about how this game sucks in chat.

Cheers,
Old 09-08-2016, 04:31 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Default Petition for Reinstatement

Hello there, my friend. I do realize that Stetson (Matt) may have "burned" some bridges in this game. However, we all make mistakes in life and yet I have been given a second chance

I do think that after 3-6 months off from this game, he should given the opportunity to apply for reinstatement to this game. I do realize that their are rules and procedures in this game and they do apply to everyone in this game. I would like your thoughtful response
Old 09-08-2016, 04:48 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Greetings Smithy,

Stetson used up his second chancce. And his third, fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh. And more than that. JR and I both gave him chance after chance after chance. He proved that he was unwilling to follow the rules. He proved that he was unwilling to follow the rules even after he was banned, by coming back on multiple accounts. Each one, once again, banned. He proved he does NOT have the best interests of DAW at heart when he used one of those accounts to post anti-game rantings in General Chat and here on the forums.

I'm sorry, but he is NOT coming back.

Regards,
Old 09-08-2016, 08:29 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Default Game Policies

I thank you for your response. You are right and Stetson was wrong, with what he did.

Now, you and JR as moderators, have to enforce the policies of this game and he chose not to follow them. So now, I will have to accept the fact that he will never be coming back to this game in any capacity at all. However, I will not be dropping him as a friend. I respect the decision that you and the powers that be have made and I have to accept it, no matter how much I dislike it. I respect you as a person and as a moderator. At times, that position is a rather thankless one to be honest.

Michael
Old 09-08-2016, 10:24 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Thank you, Smithy. JR and I both appreciate the support. We work hard to keep DAW running smoothly, as far as players go. Not the coding or administration end, but the social end.

Many people seem to confuse JR and I as the ones ultimately in charge. We are NOT. We are moderators, not admin or devs. So, allow me a moment to clear up exactly what we do here, for those confused by our roles.

We are here to enforce the rules, to be a help to players when needed, and to be a sort of go-between between Admin/Dev and the players. Because we actively play, we are in the unique position of being able to accurately convey player concerns and frustrations to the dev and admin. We face those same exact issues. And the same rules and standards apply to us as all other players. We get no special privileges or treatment. If we are wrong, The Powers That Be are happy to tell us. If we DO wrong, again, they are more than happy to deal with us.

So, to sum up: We work WITH the developer and admin to help improve things here. But we, ourselves, are not the admin or dev.