Search:
:
:

Old 02-12-2010, 02:53 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Default Here are my ramblings

The game is pretty much dead right now. There are just a handful of active players. There are a couple reasons for that. If you don't stay on your computer 16 hours a day or more you don't have a chance. Whoever spends the most time in the game can just wait until you are gone and wipe you out. This makes everybody quit, except the ones who chose to spend their whole day in front of the screen or the ones that just hang in there with a couple of castles and use the game more as a chat room. For the ones that can't afford to spend whole day on the computer the game can be ruined by just a handful of game addicts.
Also the terrible balance between attacker and a castle defense makes it pointless to attack an opponent who is online. You can't win against an active player and you can never be defeated if you are active enough. There is not much skill required, just lots of time and clicking. I can testify for that since I was one of just a few "game addicts" active players for 2-3 weeks untill I got bored.
One small step to reduce the advantage of the active players is removing the "Last Active" feature. This is a must for less active players to be retained in the game.
Another - maybe a bigger map with hopefully more players, so just a few "16 hour a day adicts" can't dominate the game so easy.
Other things will require more design and programming - like adding some strategy in the battles amd teritory management.
I hope the game will be improved for the next instalment. I will check it again then.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:27 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Default Another suggestion

This one many people will not like but it will help level the playing field and give a little bit more chance to less active players and those with less castles:
The trading between castles should not be instantaneous. It should take as long as it takes for the army to travel from one castle to the other. This will add a certain level of strategy and more thinking and planning your play, although some may not like the thinking part either
Old 02-12-2010, 06:01 PM
Peasant (Level 1)

if ur playing the game u should have a castle as the castle is upgraded from a manor and u cant expand with out it or do anything with out it but if ur reffering to the kingdoms as casstles then ur thinking that the kingdoms give a big advantage is wrong ys there is an advantage but a very slightone the only advantage the kingdoms give is a slight increase in production rates and the fact that there fully built at least thats how it was when i had onein a previous beta like 2 or 3 ago but if ur just talking aBOUT THE REGULER CASTLES then that should be the firsat thing u strive for

un verdadeiro rei da morte T duine nach bhfuil cram aimsir s ag mar n maraodh поклоняется ни Бога, ни дьявола toda obouje tudi ivljenje in smrt 地球と自然との友人である og veit hva a satt tilgang lfinu er hvis u kanne oversette wat dette er og enig i det og legge det i signaturen din
Old 02-12-2010, 07:44 PM
Squire (Level 1)

You are right, I was referring to kingdoms (I am so used to calling them castles from all the other games).
But the advantage I was talking about comes from the number of kingdoms you have. And IT IS BIG. For example if I have 40 kingdoms with 2 warehouses each I can stock them up with 44,000 resources. They are enough for 10,000 rc. If I am preparing an attack I can make close to 5000 rc first, crown 8-9 heirs and fill up my warehouses again. Then I can attack you with taking your less protected cities first (or other easy cities close to you). I build 6 stables in each of the newly taken cities - this takes less than 1 hour if I remember correctly. Then trade materials INSTANTANEOUSLY from my fully stocked kingdoms even if they are on the other side of the map. This way I can make more than 500 rc an hour from 1 of the new kingdoms. If I start the attack with taking 4 kingdoms and turning them to rc making factories I can send your way 15,000 rc in a 6 hour period (the original 5,000 rc + 10,000 replenishment that 4 kingdoms can make for 5 hours).
This is the advantage I was talking about and you don't have a chance if you have only 5-6 castles or ... if you go to sleep
That was my plan to try to take over Regensburg, but what is the point? Just to show somebody that I can beat him ... after he goes to sleep and he is not playing?! LOL
Instead of that I stopped playing and I will try again the next beta to see if it is changed for better.

That was the reason I think trading should not be instantaneous.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:53 PM
Peasant (Level 1)

thre are 6 kingdoms the rest are called terrtorys or citys and thats not an advantage an advantage is something only 1 or more get not every one evry body can do wat u just said and thats just playing th game and a stratagy

un verdadeiro rei da morte T duine nach bhfuil cram aimsir s ag mar n maraodh поклоняется ни Бога, ни дьявола toda obouje tudi ivljenje in smrt 地球と自然との友人である og veit hva a satt tilgang lfinu er hvis u kanne oversette wat dette er og enig i det og legge det i signaturen din
Old 02-18-2010, 01:16 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Thumbs down

<> - <> ...............
Old 02-24-2010, 02:31 AM
Peasant (Level 1)

if some one had the money they could put an add on facebook that could reach up to 400million ppl i just wish i had the money