Search:
Go Back Dark Age Wars Forums > Down to Business > Anything Goes
Reload this Page
Game becoming un-playable
:
:

Old 06-07-2013, 09:22 AM
Squire (Level 1)

Whilst there does appear to be some regeneration, which is more noticeable in less active areas of the map. In areas where there are active players, resources remain very low. I agree that the active players are probably stripping resources in their area (plus having to go further afield). The players can't be blamed for stripping resources though: There has just been a 3 week period of very little resources which will have resulted in players stockpile of resources dwindling.
Players having less resources will result in their cities not growing as fast as they would under normal resource conditions. Players are therefore bound to want to build up their resources and carryout some city growth and expansion as soon as resources are available.
Until all active players are able to build up their resources and have a ready supply of resources there will be the constant problem of resources being stripped.

Assuming the resource regeneration problem is fixed. The only way reduce resource stripping and get the balance of resources back to what it was prior to the server move (active players having plenty of resources in their cities and plenty of resources available in rebel cities). Is to:
1. Manually replenish resources for 3 or 4 consecutive days so that all active players are "topped up" with resources.
2. Delete all inactive cities/players where the city size is minimal - They take up far too many possible available resource supplies and greatly detract from the game for the active players.

The whole game is based on the availability and gathering of resources. Cities can't be built or buildings upgraded without them. Armies can't be expanded or retrained without them.
Unless the issue with resources being readily available is properly fixed this game will never work as it should. I imagine most players are pretty fed up by now of attacking a rebel city and losing troops, only to come away with a couple of hundred resources when the norm is 500 - 700.

At present I spend a lot of time sending resources from one city to another so that the smaller cities are able to grow. Whilst trade is a good part of the game, it is time consuming and tedious having to do it on such a large scale because a normal supply of resources is not available.

Last edited by Mal; 06-07-2013 at 09:28 AM.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:43 AM
Squire (Level 1)

Send a message via Skype™ to Kalypso

Just touching a few points that stood out to me here, as it's late and I do, actually, SLEEP now and then, but...

1.) Regen res manually til top players are topped off. No. Because when the freebie res stops coming, we'll be back at square one again. And those players will not only complain about reb res regen times, but also about the fact that they are getting no more freebie refills on rebel res when it does come to an end. It's just another vicious cycle we really don't need to get into.

2.) Clearing out dead noob cities. This is actually already happening. I know for a fact because one of the rebel cities I took yesterday had been a player city a half an hour before. I know that because I was bemoaning the fact it was a dead city where I wanted to plant another city. lol So it IS happening. But, no, I don't know what the time specifications are or whether it's being done automatically or manually. All I do know is that it is. The bigger problem to me, is the players with multiple cities who have *quit* the game. Their cities are not turning fully rebel and are unattackable.

Something I encourage ALL players to do early and OFTEN is upgrade resource buildings, so that by the time you get to the huge expensive builds you don't have to loot nearly as much. Everyone wants to race to fortress and heirs, I know. But in the end, I think I have come out MUCH better off than many others simply because I did take the time to upgrade the 'useless' resource buildings. Just something to think about for the next Beta. Everyone has different play-styles and mine is just one of many. It works for me, someone else may not care for it.
“Leave one wolf alive and the sheep are never safe” ~Arya Stark, GoT

Last edited by Kalypso; 06-08-2013 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Typos everywhere.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:00 AM
Squire (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalypso View Post
1.) Regen res manually til top players are topped off. No. Because when the freebie res stops coming, we'll be back at square one again. And those players will not only complain about reb res regen times, but also about the fact that they are getting no more freebie refills on rebel res when it does come to an end. It's just another vicious cycle we really don't need to get into.

2.) Clearing out dead noob cities. This is actually already happening.
I hadn't actually used an elitist term of "Top Players", I was referring to all regular players or active players.

It's all become very clear now - Management want players to purchase gold in order to buy resources, hence the lack of urgency to fix the resources bug over the past 3 weeks. And no intention of building available resources up to what they were prior to the server move.

Just over 3300 players on Thursday now down to 3251 players today - I guess removal of inactive players is is happening on a small scale however there are no-where near 3251 "active" players. But while inactive players are being kept in the game the fewer rebel camps and resources are available in order to get players to buy resources!

Last edited by Mal; 06-08-2013 at 08:08 AM.
Old 06-08-2013, 01:45 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Send a message via Skype™ to Kalypso

Actually, my defensive friend, the word 'top' was supposed to be deleted when I did my edit for typos. It was misplaced when I was trying to type "til players are topped off". Nothing more, nothing less.

As for the rest: "It's all become very clear now" - It's easier to blame 'Management' than to adjust your own thinking and style of play.
“Leave one wolf alive and the sheep are never safe” ~Arya Stark, GoT
Old 06-09-2013, 08:31 AM
Squire (Level 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalypso View Post
As for the rest: "It's all become very clear now" - It's easier to blame 'Management' than to adjust your own thinking and style of play.
My style of play was adjusted when the resources issue kept dragging on without any sign of a fix.
As I stated in an earlier post continually moving resources from higher level cities to lower level cities in order that they may grow is time consuming and tedious.
Over the past couple of weeks city growth has concentrated on levelling up resource buildings but even though some of my larger cities have resource buildings at level 24/25 the requirement of resources for smaller cities to grow outstrips the available resources in the larger cities.

Large cities are now out of balance; having high level resource buildings but other buildings at a much lower level. And all this to adjust to a game play style to meet the recent failings of the game.

Resources available in rebel camps are still in short supply. Finding rebel camps with bright green figures is rare. In-fact I quite often come across rebel camps were the resource figures are only three digits.

My understanding was that this game was still in beta test. I have beta tested several games over the years and my understanding of beta testing is that the beta testers (players) play a game as "hard" and "thoroughly" as possible testing a game to it's limits. Any bugs found are reported to the game developers and fixed. Mods, changes and improvements are made and further beta testing is carried out. Game developers make a game as playable as possible for beta testers any shortcomings in a game are fixed as soon as possible so that the game is fully playable and beta testing can continue without being hindered.

What I have never come across in a beta test is "players" having to change their style of play and adapt to particular playing style to meet the shortcomings and bugs in a game - That is not beta testing!
Old 06-14-2013, 04:41 AM
Squire (Level 1)

i came back a few days ago and do have to say resources have not been regenerating around me at all and maybe they need a few more admin so it isn't all on one person