Search:
Old 08-15-2013, 10:40 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Thumbs down Are you having fun?

I was until the jerks in "The Few" alliance took all my cities in one night except my capital which they looted! This was done in one night & without any provocation on my part! I attack rebels & other players that attack me! If you leave me alone, I leave you alone!

I woke up & went to check my builds & everything I worked hard on building was gone! I am now not going to be playing this game because of "The Few" Jerks & I will be spreading the word to avoid Dark Age Wars to all my friends due to those same people!

I hope some new players will read this & understand what they are getting themselves into! Besides to really play this game you have to use real money to get gold to speed the building & get the advisers!

By the Way, I only had five cities & only one of those was from someone who attacked me. I only took his city because he kept trying to get mine. All my other cities were rebels I took over!

Last edited by LadyOGama; 08-15-2013 at 10:45 PM. Reason: add information
Old 08-17-2013, 03:51 PM
Squire (Level 1)

I'm in the same alliance as Lady O'Gama and I got hit by The Few as well the other night. I'm just a humble sandbox player who likes to be left alone to build and play on my own. I've never attacked another player unless attacked first and frankly I think smashing up someone's cities who have never shown hostility towards you is a total asshat move. I've been playing DAW for the last 2 months and I've got to say that going to bed one night with 5 cities and waking up the next morning with just a wall-less and troop-less capitol to my name makes me never want to play again. Tens of thousands of resources and dozens of hours of work down the pooper in the blink of an eye!

The game world is plenty big enough with enough Rebels that this sort of behavior should not be allowed. However, since I am not a "paying" customer (I don't buy gold using real world money) and the members of The Few clearly are, given the size of their cities and empires, I don't expect the Admins care in the slightest. Oh well...there are plenty of other games out there on the Interwebs to play.
Old 08-18-2013, 04:12 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Send a message via Skype™ to Kalypso

LadyOGama,

Dark Age Wars is a war game that encourages PvP action. I, myself, have lost all cities in the past (21 of them, in fact, a few betas back, if you really want to talk about a TON of hard work and time) and am under attack currently by an "ally". It's not personal. The point of the game is declaring war on other players and conquering their territories. None of the players in The Few are breaking any rules, nor are they doing anything not encouraged by the rules of the game.

I'm sorry you do not care for this part of the game. But realize that it IS an intended part of the game and many DO enjoy it. For example, I took my losses, learned from them, and came back to kick butt in the next beta rounds. Remember, each new Beta means that everyone starts out on a level playing field, and YOU can come back and kick their tush right back.
“Leave one wolf alive and the sheep are never safe” ~Arya Stark, GoT
Old 08-19-2013, 08:06 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Default Clarification!

I do not mind PvP play if there is some way I can participate. The "war" was not a war because I could not defend when my cities were attacked due to no warning! I went to bed & all was OK, then I woke up & everything was gone. Also, I was being attacked by 9,000 troops when I could only defend with maybe 300. There was no "Declaration of War".

I was at the point where the build times for items meant that I logged in built something & then had to wait 20+ hours for it to complete. There really wasn't much for me to do except attack rebels for supplies, which filled up quickly. I couldn't attack more cities due to the difficulty in getting my influence built up. 16 hour for influence using supplies. Attacking Rebels that gave no or little battle points due to no or few troops to fight.

I did not say anything about "The Few" breaking rules. I just said they were Jerks for taking everything from me without warning & with such overwhelming odds that I never stood a chance. If they had challenged me, & I had seen what the odds were going to be, I would have evacuated the cities & let them go. I would have just tried to defend my capital a bit more.

Finally, although we all may start out on an even playing field, It does not stay that way due to many using real life money to get advisers (which should be basic functions of the game instead of options) & speed builds. I do not use real life money because I can't afford to do so. Therefore I would never stand a chance against someone like "The Few".

The game presents itself as a "free online game" but then makes it almost impossible to play without using Real Life Money. I just think that it should be presented properly so people know what they are getting into before they commit too much time to the game.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:19 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Yes it is a war game but people need to be a bit more considerate. Yes attack and take a city but not all that a person has unless there is a good reason for it. There has been a couple times that certain players in an alliance have been wiped out, because they did something like this to another player. Those deserved it. But to take every thing from one that has done nothing to the attacking alliance and make that person quit the game because of it. Now that is just down right unhonorable.

I see that there are a few in that alinance that should have know better then to do that and should not have allowed it to happen, especially the alliance leader of the Few. Silverwings should know how it feels, for he lost alot of his in one of the betas, but he had those that fought for him and retook those cities. Even though they were taken again later on he had someone to help him. He there fore should have said and done something about it. And Joenav91, he defiantely should have done something about it. Has all honor been disregarded? It is one thing to have a war and attack each other and grab what you can, but it is another to attack some one that has done nothing and take everything from them.

The Few alliance I think has a lot to answer for in this. There was once an alliance I remember that defended people like this player, an alliance many feared, one that formed when it was needed it seems. It is a shame those that were in it have not formed and acted against those that have done this.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:47 PM
Squire (Level 1)

One issue is that we cannot be present 24/7. If There was a way in which where cities would walls would rebuild automatically, and troops would regen like rebels when we are logged off it could help this issue. Many players check the chat box to see if you are logged in, and attack when you are logged off.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:37 PM
Squire (Level 1)

That is very true, but it does not excuse an Alliance taking everything from a person, expecially with at least three players that have been around a very long time and know that it is not right.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:32 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Default i just started...

I have played a total of 3 days and am having fun learning the ropes and hope to win against some rebels THIS time as I got my head handed to me last time...

I am somewhat older and have played many of these games. It seems after reading these that it doesn't have any unwritten rules...such as If you are in an alliance and want to grow...make war with another Alliance (a weak one perhaps), but someone who can call on those that can help them.

If you keep hitting single players that obviously don't want combat, you will be playing against yourselves anyway. Why not ask that player if he would like to have a war and state the amount of cites at risk and some rules...sounds like fun and you never know...the little guy might win once in a while.

Just a thought guys...you MIGHT just run into an older guy that has money to burn and wouldn't mind spending 200 bucks to get even, join a clan and target you EVERY 3 months.

Could happen....
Old 09-05-2013, 02:03 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Default My View

I am sorry if we unduly upset any player over our tactics in the last beta.

We only moved against players at the end as we were trying to catch the lead alliance, who by the way have strangled new beta using the tactic 1st!!. Taking rebel cities would not have allowed us to reach our goal of taking down the lead alliance.

It was nothing personal and the timings were unfortunate, but we cannot all be logged in 24/7.

Again I am sorry if you play a war game and expect to make it to the end unmolested.

Please remain in the game, apart from the bugs, lol, it is one of the better ones. Also my members and I spend as little gold as we can unlike some.

Regards

Reculver
Old 09-06-2013, 01:02 AM
Squire (Level 1)

So you are saying that it is alright to take everything from a player just so your alliance can grow bigger and overtake another. One that is totally the wrong way to do it. You take out the other alliance's cities, not some player that has nothing to do with your desire to be first. In doing this you made that person quite the game, a person that was doing well and could have added something to it.

Your actions as an Alliance Leader in this was deplorable. Yes one can not be on 24/7 but look how long it has taken you to reply to this thread. Look when the player, your alliance took everything from, wrote it. I am sure there was mention of it in the chat on that server as well.

This may be a war game, but one has to have some honor and make it playable for everyone. That you took from her and ruined the game for her.