Old 10-22-2013, 03:17 AM
Game Moderator

Question Play Balance Ideas for Next Round

Let's add them all here people

Regards, JR - Game Moderator
Old 10-22-2013, 03:24 AM
Squire (Level 1)

heres the conversation from chat Monday night
.................................................. ..................................................
LordDarcon:*true, but perhaps have a level type protection If you are a certain level you can't attack lets say anyone five levels below or above you.
firefly447:*thats actually a good idea, could be based on the amount of food you have
LordDarcon:*That way one could not hit those alot weaker
Helmsman:*thats done in other games...
Helmsman:*would prevent a lot of bullying
LordDarcon:*that is true.
LordDarcon:*would let others be able to grow and be able to defend themselves
LordDarcon:*and if you attack some one higher or lower you lose your protection for a certain time. That way it prevents people from going ahead and attacking anyways.
LordDarcon:*but first they have to start a new game
Helmsman:*one little change I would like to see is a "Send Max" button that would let you send as much as one can recieve..
firefly447:*and bring back moral, the attacker always has the advantage now
Helmsman:*yeah, loyalty means squat
Helmsman:*make Walls worthwhile to have
Demetrius:*Yes walls are almost useless
Helmsman:*only benifit the attacker
ixthlegion:*Well perhaps actually put a place under Siege
ixthlegion:*and make an attacker put a place under siege
ixthlegion:*make walls worth it
ixthlegion:*and also siege weapons in defense as well
Helmsman:*well, just make walls where a single ram won't do the damage it does..
firefly447:*i can take fortified walls down with a fest rams
firefly447:*few
Helmsman:*yeah, and thats not right
Helmsman:*should take lots of Trebs to take down Fort walls
ixthlegion:*yes its crazy
firefly447:*could include not being able to put a wal back up if theres 5000 attackers in your yard too lol
Helmsman:*lol.. that is supposed to be
ixthlegion:*well I think you place a place under siege
ixthlegion:*and no repairs can be made if at attacker is in place say at least 3;1 odds
firefly447:*your supposed to be able to send builders out in the middle of a war?
Helmsman:*no ff, the other way around.. used to not build/repair while under attack
firefly447:*because right now if you get hit, and you kill their seige, all you have to do is build a wall and they go home
LordDarcon:*it was better several betas back
LordDarcon:*strongholds are not worth taking. the things you get points for have no real meaning. What do they do for the player
LordDarcon:*you get an achievement you should get something
Helmsman:*any acheivment?
Helmsman:*or just the stronghold one?
LordDarcon:*You take five cities, all you get is points why not troops or something
LordDarcon:*really all the achievements you get should be worth something more so you strive to get them.
Helmsman:*gold would be nice.. and set back the pricesfor eveerything the way they used to be.. and bring back the 2 free speed ups
LordDarcon:*even something like speedups would be great prizes for the achievements.
Helmsman:*yeah, that would be cool
ixthlegion:*yes exaclty so
ixthlegion:*you get gold when you get achievements
Old 10-22-2013, 03:25 AM
Squire (Level 1)

Default Walls

Walls need to be worth something other than an asset for the Attacker. A wall should be able to hold off an attacker with more than just a few Rams. Stronger the Wall, the better and more of Siege Eqip to take it down.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:39 PM
Squire (Level 1)

A little more explanation on the Level Protection thing. It would probably have to go by ranking. If you are ranked number one then you would only be able to attack those ranked 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6. Would force the number one player to create more cities rather then to attack and take them. The same with the lower ranking individuals. The powerful could not prey on the weak just to gain ranking or hold their rank.

On the achievements that is won when you do something like take Paris or conquer five cities. Points are useless to the players. What good does it do them. Make them want to accomplish them by giving them, free speedups, gold, or troops. Something that they can strive for and be worth while.

If the strongholds are going to be basicly worth nothing, why take them. They are a pain to defend and it is not worth the time or effort at the moment. Before there was the incentive of of having a fully functional city that also gave you a big boost in your honor. Now there is not much of an incentive besides getting the achivement for it.

As Helmsmen said the walls of a city are worthless most of the time. But also the siege equipment as well. I have attacked cities with an army that had several pieces of siege and had them all wiped out in the first attack and little damage to the walls. But have also have had my walls go down in the first wave. Also have had the enemy put up a level 1 wall once theirs has fallen and without siege equipment my army is turned away. Once the wall is down it should be down until the attack is completely over. There should be a caculation on how many rams it would take to take down a wall at differant levels and the same with the other siege equipment. Therefore there will be a set amount to knock down the walls.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:09 AM
Squire (Level 1)

another problem with the walls is a single ram always gets a hit, but when you send seige equip with a lot of troops, you may lose all the seige without touching the wall, makes no sense at all

Last edited by firefly447; 10-23-2013 at 03:11 AM. Reason: more info
Old 10-24-2013, 12:29 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Default Alliance support

I wouldn't mind seeing a new type of building that would allow members of an alliance to support and reinforce each other - the Embassy.

In addition, I think that a slimmed down copy of attack and defence reports should also be available to all members of the alliance so that they can actually do something about it should they choose. This report for the alliance should show the basics at least; who is attacking and where from, in what numbers and who is under attack. For this to work, the reports need to be generated a lot quicker than they are at the moment to give alliance members enough time to respond to the attack.

I also think that if you are under beginners protection or have bought the additional protection from the shop, then you should not be able to attack a player's city at all - attacking a rebel city for resources should still be okay, otherwise lose the protection, and everyone can attack everyone at any time.

Last edited by Nukkingfutz; 10-24-2013 at 12:43 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 10-24-2013, 12:39 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Default Watch Towers

I think having a building like a watch tower to 'watch' for incoming attacks would also be good for the game, and they would have had something like this in those days anyway. The tower could warn of imminent incoming attacks, say within the next 5 minutes. As the building is developed, then the amount of warning given prior to an attack could be extended to say a maximum of 15 minutes, giving the defender the options to better defend himself, bring in an ally - if you went for the alliance support option as well, or to cut and run if the numbers are too superior. Again, I would have a copy of the report generated by the 'warning' go to members of the alliance. The advantage is always with the attacker otherwise.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:58 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Default Capitol Defenders

I think that troops defending their capitol should automatically be given an extra 5% or 10% power in defence. If you were in real life defending your capitol from an aggressor, you would fight tooth and nail as the saying goes. This might also help those smaller players that do not have a second city, but are continually picked on, or those that are being 'heir farmed'.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:31 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Not sure if they will do the watch tower. The General gives you the warning of in coming attacks. Just not how many or how long before they get there. Make the General worth his salt by adding that to his abilities to make him worth the 300 gold spent. As for alliance members helping, that is a good idea. I know a couple other games that has that. Now if we could get some word from Admin on the ideas, weather they will or not incoporate them.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:37 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Default The general...

my thinking is that the general should be free from the offset. There has never been an army in history that has not had one, why should we have to pay for one? I think that the general should be able to gain experience from combat, and that this should then be factored into how he manages his army - adding perhaps 5% to 10% additional power to the army whether defending or attacking. Personally, I would see the general be an option within the royal estate as per the heir...you get to choose, a general or an heir. Once you have selected the general, you train him as you would an heir...once trained, you can add to his experience through the use of battle points, this would make players think a little more...do you want an heir or a more experienced general.

Tags
play balance ideas