Reload this Page
The Core Issue Behind DAW and What Can Be Done to Fix It
:
:

Old 04-12-2019, 06:31 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Send a message via Yahoo to Skatlock
Unhappy The Core Issue Behind DAW and What Can Be Done to Fix It

Some of you know me and some of you do not, as I have been in and out of the game since some time in 2012. I have read and observed the same things being said from then to now about the game. Over the past couple of years, I have had the privilege of being involved in the management of a couple extremely successful communities in various games. From Minecraft, to Clash Royale, to PUBG and others, I see tremendous potential being thrown down the drain. Now before anyone begins making excuses or defending people, I am completely aware that developers, moderators, and community members all have day jobs, responsibilities and obligations that take precedent over this game. That being said, there are some things that are not being tended to which ought be, and they are destroying the game. Frankly if it were not for the numerous dedicated players and moderators who intentionally stay involved and band together every year, this game would not exist. So here are my two suggestions which do not take much effort on anyone's part and can turn this game around.

1) Communication is the key to your success or failure. Developers should have direct contact with the moderators, and when something has gone critically wrong, it should not take longer than 24 hours for a post to have been made by a moderator who was informed of the exact specifics of the situation. Email, Skype, or Discord (my personal favorite) are all fantastic solutions to this. Communication is a make or break deal for a community Don't disregard it

2) Accountability ensures that everything runs as it should. A man with great integrity can't always be expected to do everything right, but two of them do a pretty damn good job. If you want progress to be made in the game, then everyone should be accountable to someone for their part of the project. Developer 1 should be accountable to Developer 2 who can pick up the slack of Developer 1 and vice versa. The same can be said for Moderation. Moderators should keep each other accountable, If JR isn't following up on a topic, then Kalypso should be. Going back to the first part, Moderators and Developers should be accountable to each other as well. All talk and no progress is not an accomplishment, take PUBG for example. From January of last year when the game was officially released from beta to now, the daily player base has dropped from a whopping 1 million to a measly 1/4 of that simply because people got tired of false promises of improvement.

The end all be all of this is that I and anyone else here can give all the feedback and advice that they want, but it is ultimately up to the developers to act on it.
Old 04-12-2019, 10:26 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Default DAW Issues

I thank you Skatlock for posting the issues with game, and what you feel needs to be done to keep the game viable. You appear to be a smart person who has thoughtful insight into this game. Hopefully, the developers will act on your suggestions
Old 04-24-2019, 02:45 AM
Squire (Level 1)

Default Game Issues

I do realize that the game developer and owner, are doing their best to fix the problems that are in this game. I would like to see the gold issue fixed, so that the people who do not have the means to purchase huge amounts of gold, can earn it by watching videos or by some other method. I do hope that either moderator will pass this on the required people