Search:
Old 09-18-2018, 07:51 PM
Game Moderator

Exclamation World 11 Start Date

Greetings Fellow Lords and Ladies of DAWland

World 11 will start on Monday September 24th server time. As a reminder, it takes up to several hours for the game server to populate the map and get everything setup and ready to go so that process will start at GMT/UMT 09/24/2018 at 00:00 and will be available as fast as the server processor(s) can get the setup done

Regards JR - Game Moderator
Old 09-24-2018, 01:26 PM
Game Moderator

Greetings Lords and Ladies of DAWland

Something apparently didn't trigger right when the new game world started. It is, of course, not up and should have been so as soon as I have more info I will let you all know.

Regards - JR - Game Moderator
Old 09-24-2018, 05:31 PM
Game Moderator

Greetings Lords and Ladies of DAWland

With many apologies... the automatic startup sequence failed AND the game dev is down sick the past two days... He is going to try to troubleshoot it and get it up ASAP but the realistic start time is probably 9/26/2018 at 00:00. And again, remember that startup does NOT equal a playable game... the server has to populate the map, generate the rebels, setup all sorts of counters and such... etc. So it does take a little while.

Old 09-26-2018, 12:19 AM
Squire (Level 1)

Im no game dev but why is it so hard to start a new world every time? this more than anything is why we lose players
Old 09-26-2018, 06:34 AM
Squire (Level 1)

There was a time when the new world started a couple of days before the old one ended. Has this practice been stopped for a reason? perhaps it is server space or something technical? Just asking?
Old 09-26-2018, 02:24 PM
Squire (Level 1)

Default início do novo mundo

Já foram dados dois prazos para o início do novo mundo e até agora nada. Será que o novo mundo vem cheio de novidades ou está havendo um problema muito sério.
Old 09-26-2018, 06:24 PM
Game Moderator

Greetings Jack/DBC

The new server for each world is spun up fresh each time... so there are several technical points where things can go wrong. In this case, the automatic startup sequence failed, the game dev was sick and didn't catch it right away and that is why we are several days down the pike from the originally published startup date.

The reason servers are not overlapped anymore has to do with more than anything a cost consideration that while two servers are up - each with its own game world - the owner is paying for two servers. It also tends to make both servers slower :-( Oh and the human element of having a game moderator and game dev trying to pay attention across two servers. He asked me, I said I would prefer to only deal with one-at-a-time and there you have it. Maybe not some dramatic set of reasons but... in my experience the truth is rarely dramatic - it just is ;-)

Tags
startup, world 11